Wednesday, May 04, 2005

The end result is always better than "The Plan"

I saw the first part of Best of Youth two weeks ago, a Saturday matinee the day before M. got back from a dog trip to Austin. Now "The Plan" was to see the second part the next day during the Sunday matinee. Unfortunately for the completion of "The Plan", it is veritably impossible to go from Oakland to the other end of San Francisco in 20 minutes (score 10 nerd points for using the word veritable). But I was in no rush, just happy to be enjoying the beautiful sunny day with el Marco. And, as usually happens whenever we dare to venture out of the house on a sunny weekend in Northern California, we got stuck in a traffic jam. However, as usually happens whenever we dare to venture out of the house on a sunny weekend in Northern California,we managed to find something cool and fun to do. In this case we stumbled onto the Cherry Blossom Festival in Japantown(cause of the horrible jamming of the traffic).


Japantown

I love it when things like this happen!
Who invented Parades? What a great concept! Can you tell this was my first Parade ever? I know, it's like I'm a martian.


Here come the singing ladies!

I've decided that the next hobby I take up shall be the Japanese Drumming. Can you think of anything cooler? OK, you probably have a good enough imagination but you can't deny me japanese drumming is cool enough. It's called
Taiko and it looks like a work-out. I bet it gets rid of the flabby underarms (you ladies know what I'm taking about...)



And I should mention I took almost all these pictures standing on my tippy-toes holding the camera way-up in the air and using the flip-out viewer to try not to catch the bald-spot from the guy in front of me. I risk my life for art.



The one regret I have is the turning into an idiot gawker when His Royal Dreamboat, the mayor of The City by the Bay, Mr. Gavin Newsome walked by. How did I miss the chance to immortalize the moment?! I was too busy being surprised at how young and handsome he was. I always thought myself more of a Matt Gonzalez type, however, you have to give due where it is.. um... due. Plus his hair wasn't as oily as I was lead to expect.


Shake those flowers Sister!

In the end it was a great weekend, even if I didn't get my intended way.

No comments: